Frequently Asked Questions
What is mobile therapy?
Mobile therapy is skilled therapy service that comes to you. A mobile therapist can provide treatment in the convienence of your home on your schedule. Pisgah Therapy, PLLC serves 65+ year old Medicare beneficiaries.
This is not home health therapy which is billed under Medicare A and requires you to be "home-bound" and under direct care of a doctor. Mobile therapy is essentially outpatient therapy on wheels and bills Medicare B. Please watch the video for more detailed information:
Why choose mobile therapy over clinic therapy?
There are many benefits to receiving mobile therapy in your home. Occupational therapists are highly trained in evaluating patients in their home environment to assess safety, self cares, and daily function in the home. Mobile therapy is highly individualized, specific and convienent for your needs.
Clinic therapy requires the patient to travel away form the home several times a week to receive treatment with clinical but not always fuctional equipment based in a less personalized environment.
How can I get set up with mobile therapy services?
Getting set up with Pisgah Therapy, PLLC is easy!
1. Contact Jeff at 828-577-9150 for an initial consultation.
2. Provide your Medicare number for verification of benefits.
3. Collaborate with Jeff to obtain a therapy order from your physician.
4. Schedule an appointment with Jeff for the initial home visit and evaluation.
What will the initial visit look like?
All initial visits include the following:
1. Paperwork processing such as HIPPA, benefits and payments, and patient authorization.
2. Discussion including detailed medical history and reason for current referral.
3. Individualized evaluation of patient.
4. Assessment of home environment and patient's function in the home.
5. Discussion of therapy plan and treatment schedule.
What if I don't have Medicare?
You may be able to receive services from Pisgah Therapy depending on your specific private insurance coverage. Benefit eligibilty will be determined at initial consultation. Some services may be provided on a cash payment basis.